Pet Friendly Information for Pawleys Island & Litchfield Beach, South Carolina
Dunes Pet Policy:
If you will be vacationing at one of our dog friendly properties, a $200 additional charge will be added to your reservation. You may bring one additional dog for $100. Your dog(s) cannot exceed 40 pounds. Any dog damage including additional cleaning or pest extermination will result in additional charges.
Please note the county leash law is in effect and enforced. You are required to clean up after your dog. Violators can be fined up to $200 or given 30 days in jail.
Safety Tips for Taking Your Dog to the Beach:
- Bring a portable water bowl for your dog. Offer refills liberally to deter your dog from drinking salt water - large amounts of salt can make dogs very sick, or even prove fatal.
- Be sure to provide your pooch with a shady spot to rest to avoid becoming overheated!
- Share your sunscreen with Fido - dogs are prone to sunburn just like humans.
- If the sand is too hot for your feet, than it's too hot for your pet's paws!
- Boarding & Veterinary Hospitals in Pawleys Island
Want an alternative to leaving that special family member at home? Check out a dog boarding resort right here in Pawleys Island. Owners can check-out their dog for the day, enjoy the family on the beach, and then return him for the night.
A Dog's Way Inn
Phone: (843) 357-4545
Benji's Bed & Breakfast
Phone: (843) 237-7117
Phone: (843) 237-8855
Pawleys Veterinary Hospital
Phone: (843) 314-1732
The Ark Animal Hospital (care + emergencies)
Phone: (843) 238-1414